With endless possibilities to style your curls, it can be hard to decide which one is best for your hair and face shape. But based on the request we receive here at Hairstyles India, it is easy to make out which you should choose to fit in. So today I am sharing with you one of the most requested curly hairstyles- Loose end curls.
Loose end curls gives you total freedom! You can curl the ends first and then rest of the hair if needed, and can even flaunt them in their natural texture.
I will break down the steps to style this elegant loose end curls:
Step 1- Preparation
- Wash your hair with your shampoo and conditioner and towel dry it.
- Detangle your hair using tangle teaser to avoid breakage.
Step 2- Protection comes before style
- Apply heat protectant to your hair.
- Heat protectant is to hair what sunscreen is to skin. Before subjecting your hair into a high temperature it is crucial to apply some of them to combat damage.
- Apply it more on the strands and ends, and not on the roots because that’s where we are apply the heat.
- they are available as spray, cream or serum.
- Apply it generously and massage a bit on your ends.
Step 3- Blow dry and comb
- Bring all your hair to the front and blow dry it using dryer.
- Make use to gently comb away the knots as you dry them.
- This will make your hair look shiny and voluminous.
Step 4- Are you ready?
- Centre part your hair and divide it into two sections.
- Now split each of these sections into two. (You can divide each sections into three if you like, it depends on the volume of your hair)
- Splitting into subsections will make curling easier.
- So we are curling one section at a time.
Step 4- Selecting the barrel
- Curling irons are available in different thickness (1 inch, 1.5 inch and 2 inch etc.)
- Smaller the barrel you use, tighter the curls will be.
- So if you use 1.5 inch barrel, you will be getting some loose curls. And if you go with the 1 inch barrel, the curls will be closer.
- Here, I personally suggest 1 inch barrel so that the end curls are packed close.
*(you can also use hair straighteners if you are experienced enough)
- Take the first section to curl and clip all the other sections away from your face.
- Wrap the first section around the barrel and keep it there for 20 seconds.
- It is better to work on lower heat settings as we are curling the ends, which is comparatively the thinnest part of our hair.
- Curls you are going to get will be depend on how high you intend to fo with the curling iron. So have a clear-cut idea about the height of your curls.
Step 6 – A special tip
- After curling your hair, release the curls slowly into your palm.
- Hold it and wait for the curls to set (15 seconds) and then release it slowly.
- This will give a subtle look to your curls. Trust me, it always works!
Step 6- Adding beauty!
- Repeat the same steps for all the other sections to get that perfect end curls.
- Go into the curls and soften them with your hands. This will provide your loose curls a more natural look.
- Secure your hair by applying hair spray so that the curls last longer.
So that’s it folks! Loose end curls are so simple yet effective. If you are confident enough, you can even try this at home itself. The best part? it will take only less than 20 minutes to style.
If you have any doubts, drop them in the comment box below. It is a pleasure for me to help you with hairstyling tips and techniques.